RFI

Re: [RFI] Fw: Direct TV DVR problems

To: "dalej" <dj2001x@comcast.net>, "Group RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Fw: Direct TV DVR problems
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 14:41:31 -0800
"In over 10 years with Dish network I have yet to connect a phone line to
the receiver even though the user manual says a phone line needs to be
connected."

I had a problem with DirecTV.  I was told it was need for pay-per-view.  I'm
not interested in
PPV.  "Connect it anyway, it needs to be connected".  No- why?  So our
system can call your box and communicate with it.  No, I don't want my phone
ringing and disrupting me.  Your phone won't ring.  How does it know you're
calling?  It knows...  We can't set up your system without the phone line
connect.  Fine, I just connected it (get real).  It never was and has not
been in the ten years I've had the system.  They've never called either.

As for fees for not having the phone line connected, the price has gone up
from $22 to $48 and we've lost channels.  They find some other way to stick
it to us.

What's the scam?

Kurt