RFI

Re: [RFI] "Inverter Technology" microwave ovens

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] "Inverter Technology" microwave ovens
From: Chuck Shinn <chuck.shinn@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 06:52:25 -0600
Mornin Dave; I purchased a Panasonic Microwave from Walmart which
advertised itself as having Inverter Technology. It is the 1250 watt
model, however, I forget the exact model number. The important issue for
me was RFI and I am pleased to report I hear nothing from it while
powered up and cooking or just in standby (not cooking but plugged into
a wall outlet). It is clean as a whistle. I pay attention to home
generated noise and probably have 60 or 70 pounds of ferrite around my
home. This required no additional "fixes".  This was a very pleasant
surprise given the state of consumer electronics today.

Best, Chas W5PG