RFI

Re: [RFI] Plasma TV's are killing our hobby

To: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Plasma TV's are killing our hobby
From: Charles Coldwell <coldwell@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 08:45:25 -0500
On Dec 31, 2010, at 4:44 AM, Tony wrote:

> I hate to say it folks, but I think it's only a matter of time before we
> become overwhelmed with devices like these, especially in areas like
> mine where neighbors are within 100 feet of each other.

Seems unlikely to me.  Plasma is slowly fading away in the competition with
other technologies like LCD and (hopefully someday) OLED.

The competing technologies will still have switching power supplies, but aren't
based on a gas discharge technology like plasma so hopefully life will get
quieter for us again over the next few years.

--
Charles M. Coldwell, W1CMC
"Turn on, log in, tune out"

GPG ID:  852E052F
GPG FPR: 77E5 2B51 4907 F08A 7E92  DE80 AFA9 9A8F 852E 052F