RFI

Re: [RFI] Plasma TV's are killing our hobby

To: "RFI" <RFI@Contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Plasma TV's are killing our hobby
From: Joe <wa6rkn@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:13:15 -0800
I like your thinking.....

But.....

It sure doesn't lend itself well for 'good neighbor relations'!

I am already accused of every malady known to man, just because everyone
sees my antennas.  Even when I am not here!  I came back from vacation,
several years ago, and was paid a visit by the local guardians of my
lifestyle, with a signed complaint from a lady who lived a block away..the
complaint stated my antennas were keeping her new electronic controlled
washing machine from working.....Yup...** My ANTENNAS** were the cause.  I
explained to the policeman I had just returned from a 3 week vacation, so
her problem was elsewhere.  Then handed him a copy of the FCC rules that
state if there are RFI issues, it is up to the 'victim' of the RFI to find a
cure, not me.  The policeman left scratching his head and I heard nothing
more about the issue.

As an aside, a humorous result of my antennas.....One resident of our
neighborhood tried to start a homeowners association, to specifically make
me take my antennas down.  She didn't believe me when I told her she could
start the Association, but they could not make their 'no antenna' rule,
retroactive.  I had a good laugh over that one.......

OK, back to the topics at hand...BTW..I bought a new LG 32" LED LCD TV this
year and I have absolutely **NO** RFI..into or out of the set...Even when I
have the big Drake L-4B amplifier working overtime..and the TV location is
only 5 feet from the shack!    I am very happy.

Joe Wolfe
WA6RKN
Reno, Nevada