RFI

[RFI] New TV RFI

To: Group RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] New TV RFI
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 15:44:33 -0700 (PDT)
Just finished installing a Sharp Aquos LC-52LE920UN TV and DirecTV HD DVR.
Disconnected the old box and Sony 32". The Sony took tons of ferrite on all the
AV cables, power cords etc to get rid of my signal on most bands, there was
still some slight jumping on a few band.

I installed the new system with just the ferrite I had on the two leads to the
dish. Nothing on any of the cables to start.

Ran a test with the beam pointed at the dish and max (700w) power 1.8 to 54 mhz.

NOT A TRACE OF RFI ANYWHERE - and the TV does not radiate to the PRO III.

The old Sony had a plastic case, the Sharp has a metal screen/chassis.

Life is good !!!

Rick, N6PE