RFI

Re: [RFI] Passive Cellphone Repeater?

To: 'RFI List' <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Passive Cellphone Repeater?
From: "doc@kd4e.com" <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 20:37:47 -0400
Like K8RI I can often connect if I am right at the window facing
the direction of the tower, so the signal level to the outside
of the house isn't bad.

The Samsung generally gets the job done but it requires a good
Internet connection and has to have a good GPS signal as well.
It can take 20-30 minutes to re-establish a cell connection
under the right (or wrong) conditions.

Depending on the time of day and/or the weather I'd rather not
be forced to go outside to get a solid cell signal - even the
ability to stand nearby the inside passive repeater antenna
would often be preferable (as standing by the window and getting
a usable signal means to be right against the glass).

Do you have any specific recommendations as to what outside
and inside antennas I should try?

Also, is coax with SMA-connectors the recommended interconnect
method or flexible "hardline"?

Thanks!  (and thanks to list members for tolerating this thread,
I am guessing that the three of us are not alone in this)

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E
David Colburn http://kd4e.com