RFI

Re: [RFI] Smart Meter Lawsuit in Texas

To: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Smart Meter Lawsuit in Texas
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 17:12:48 -0500
Well, if it is in-fact determined that the power-level at the
design frequency represents no health danger (in the context
of all of the hype re. cellphones and Bluetooth and other RF-
devices that could get interesting), the privacy matter may
remain.

People thought their smartphones were private, then they learned
that Apple and Google were accessing data and Google was able to
reach out and alter or delete apps without warning.

I don't own any tin hats, and won't be getting one either, but ...

If someone can remotely turn an appliance on and off I am guessing
it would be trivial to find a way to query the appliance for more
data, if not with the current "smart meter" and "smart appliance"
hardware and software, then soon ... there's a Google-like marketing
goldmine in monitoring appliance ownership and usage.

Besides, I get to choose when I use my appliances, the power company
can either sell me the power I need, or I can go off-grid if they
cannot or will not.

But that's a debate for another list and another time ...

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
David Colburn nevils-station.com