RFI

Re: [RFI] just what everyone needs!

To: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@msn.com>, RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] just what everyone needs!
From: "Dale Svetanoff" <svetanoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 14:57:13 -0500
Lee,

With all due respect, I have to disagree about not upsetting an antenna
pattern.  Look at it this way:  If the wire were run without a shielded
over braid, then the absorptive material over the copper conductors would,
at microwave (radar) frequencies also absorb RF in that frequency range,
possibly creating a partial null where none was intended.  If a shield over
braid is used, then the shield can cause reflections of the array's RF
signal, resulting in either nulls or peaks, depending upon orientation with
respect to the antenna and distance form it.

73, Dale
WA9ENA