RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off UPDATE

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off UPDATE
From: Christopher Brown <cbrown@woods.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 11:40:15 -0800
How long did you wait?

Most devices spool down quickly but not all.  It is not too common, but
I have seen a few devices using internal DC-DC converters where the
secondary converter will keep generating noise for several minutes after
AC loss if there is no load on the output.

One of my neighbors had a scooter charger that look almost 5 minutes to
go silent if there was go scooter connected (big buffer cap feeding the
pulse charge circuit after the first switcher).

Seen a couple of PC supplies that look 2 - 3 minutes if the computer was
in stby when AC was lost.