RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Identification Help

To: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Identification Help
From: Dale <svetanoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 11:03:38 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Kurt,

Regarding RFI from a digital recorder ...  That's why I keep a few analog
cassette recorders around.  I even have a pair of hand-held "note takers" with
built-in mics and powered by 4 AA cells.  They work great.

Analog is NOT dead, it is still RF "clean", and yes, you can still buy blank
cassettes (just saw some on the shelf at a Walgreens this week).  If you need a
digital version of the recording afterwards, just connect the earphone output
jack of the cassette machine to the mic input jack of your computer (adjust
audio levels accordingly), and convert to MP3 with your favorite conversion
software.

73, Dale
WA9ENA