RFI

Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...

To: "RFI@contesting.com" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...
From: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 22:52:00 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Yes indeed. When I worked at at AST Research in the 1990's, we caught one firm
shipping us unshielded laptop computers, and had we not tested one of the
first, they would have insisted the contract bound us to accept a thousand or
more computers we couldn't legally sell. Heh.

Even checking first items leaves a window of opportunity for cheap and
unscrupulous manufacturers to ship compliant first items for a while --  then
swap to "no shielding, no filters" versions.

Cortland
KA5S