RFI

Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)

To: "Dale J." <dj2001x@comcast.net>, <qrv@kd4e.com>, "RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 19:14:26 -0500
I have Frontier 6 Mbs DSL - Fiber to the DSLAM (Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer) then buried copper pair to the house Network Interface, CAT-3 pairs to the ADSL-2 modem, router, and wi-fi gateway. The Netgear 7550 DSL modem sits in the shack. Thus far there has been no evidence of RFI to or from the Netgear 7550.

A search on VDSL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very-high-bit-rate_digital_subscriber_line) shows that Bloomington IL is a market where 40 Mbit/sec downstream and 10 Mbit/sec upstream is available. In all cases the length of the copper path from the DSLAM, the equipment terminating the copper pairs at the DSLAM and at the subscriber location will ultimately determine line quality and downsteam / upstream speeds.

73 & DX,
Gary - AB9M

-----Original Message----- From: Dale J.