RFI

Re: [RFI] Can you say 'RFI'? Can you say BIG 'Fine'?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Can you say 'RFI'? Can you say BIG 'Fine'?
From: David Cole <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 06:21:13 -0700
Hi,

I doubt that the FCC went to the trouble of generating the citation,
getting everything in plae to fine someone, and then just forgot it...

Some things take time.  Given the alternative of no action, I'll take
this...  Is it as fast as I would like...  No, but it is action, and
that makes it positive no matter how it is spun...  Each case is I am
sure different.

I do know the FCC works faster than that, because I have seen it.  I had
a problem with a neighbor who refused to kill an under shelf lamp set,
which was spraying RFI at 50 over S9.  I did my homework, kept logs of
every test, documented every single item I could think of, then turned
it all into the FCC, the offender got a letter within a month, the
problem ended when the offender hired a broadcast engineer to sweep his
home with a spectrum analyzer.  Time form complaint to end of RFI was
about a month and a half...  So, if some complaints take longer, I KNOW
that that is not how they all work.

--
Thanks and 73's,
www.nk7z.net