RFI

Re: [RFI] STANAG on 4286.3 KHz AM - help requested.

To: "Leigh Sedgwick" <bipi@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] STANAG on 4286.3 KHz AM - help requested.
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 11:15:42 -0700
On 28 Apr 2014 at 10:57, Leigh Sedgwick wrote:

> You might try using a lower gain antenna to drop the signal level of the
> STANAG signal on 4286...

My antenna, the only one I have, is a 55' tall vertical...

>then see if you can still hear it as wide across 80.

I can still hear it on 80 meters with a 2' diameter link-coupled loop connected
to the FT-890.

> assume you have more than one receiver and have checked it others?

Yes. Heathkit HW-16, Heatkit SB-102, Heathkit HW-101, TS-940S, TS-820,
National NC-109, Radio Shack AM/FM/SW receiver. ALL hear it on 80
meters.

>  I'm here in
> Seattle and just using a 40 meter dipole and it is very strong here. There is
> also another strong STANAG signal on 4319.  But, neither signal is very wide
> here.

I am thinking that whatever the source of this crap is, it is due to a
misadjusted or damaged transmitter, or a misadjusted or damaged antenna
system or filter system.

It cannot possibly be over 3 MHz wide on purpose...

As I have said before: I can even hear it on 10 meters.

> Good luck.

Thanks. Obviously, I'll need all the luck I can get.

Ken W7EKB