RFI

Re: [RFI] Switchers ...

To: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Switchers ...
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 20:13:28 -0800
On 14 Nov 2014 at 21:21, Peter Laws wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:
> >
> On Wed,11/12/2014 3:01 PM, Peter Laws wrote: >> >> What is the best, generic
> solution for a wall wart or other switcher >> that is spewing trash from 500
> kHz
> to 30000 kHz? > > > k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf
>
> What?  Print it out and wrap it around the cord?
>
> Your document is great.  It's also 65 pages.
>
> OK, so no one has an answer.

Oh, I have an answer, but it may not be able to be applied: a good 3 lb
sledge hammer should take care of it.

I take it that this POS is not YOUR power supply? Why would you want to
bother with trying to filter the damned thing if it was your own?

In my own case, my idiot know-it-all son bought a fancy, schmancy, 600 watt
Chinese made power supply for his fancy gaming computer which wiped out
every radio and TV in the house.

Liberal doses of 7.62 X 54R Heavy Ball fixed it...permanently.

The feeling was MOST satisfying.

The only thing that would have made it MORE satisifying was several rounds
from the Barrett M-82, but the 7.62 X 54R was cheaper.

YMMV.

Ken W7EKB