RFI

Re: [RFI] RF getting into 4-port wirelss router.

To: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RF getting into 4-port wirelss router.
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 20:49:17 -0800
:I suppose if you're an expert at everything, there's no reason to try to
: help.

Well, not on RFI since the OM asked for help...  I would start by making
chokes out of all wires entering the device.  Wrap a half-dozen turns around
your hand in a loop four to five inches across and secure with plastic ties.
See what happens, try a few more or few less turns if the problem persists.

I did this with a monitor that eliminated all radio usage 135' from the
antenna.  When I was done, RFI was limited to roughly three inches.  I used
spectrum analysis software as I wound my chokes and monitored the RFI with
my primary radio and could see it disappear on the monitor and audibly as I
made the loops.  Simple, effective, free, been in use about seven years now.

Kurt