RFI

Re: [RFI] RF getting into 4-port wirelss router.

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RF getting into 4-port wirelss router.
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 17:27:44 -0800
: That is NOT a choke, it is an inductor, which can resonate with a cable
: whose length makes it capacitive. An effective choke must cause the
: common mode circuit to have a high common mode Z at the frequency(ies)

I guess there's no chance in Hell of it ever working then...  Sorry OM,
you're screwed.  It's not a choke (despite the term being in use since the
late 1800's because it "choked off" stray currents) and all those chokes I
made to permanently cure my RFI are apparently just using up wire.  My
mistake.

Photos of RFI before, after, and the century plus design non-chokes I made
to cure it upon request.

Kurt