RFI

Re: [RFI] w7ekb & ground rods

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>, Bill W7KXB <w7kxb@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] w7ekb & ground rods
From: "K1FZ-Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 15:18:58 -0500
The power company installed a remote reading sensor on my meter.  I noticed a noise increase. Took a portable receiver into the basement and found noise along a very old house ground to my water line. It was about 30 feet away from the power company ground. I totally disconnected the old ground  wire and noise went away. yeah ! The next day the power company was up and  re calibrating their equipment. They did not say anything to me about it. Al ls well that ends well.
 73
 Bruce-K1FZ
 www,qsl.net/k1fz/beveragenotes.html