RFI

Re: [RFI] w7ekb & ground rods

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] w7ekb & ground rods
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 15:15:19 -0800
On Thu,1/15/2015 1:40 PM, Kenneth G. Gordon wrote:
Can you suggest a source for flat wide copper "tape" ?

No, but the only place I use it is poured into the concrete base for my towers for bonding to the tower and the radial system.

And for copper braid, other than from old coax? (I suspect braid from old
coax will not be wide enough, and if it is corroded, the individualy strands of
copper may be insulated from one another.)

I wouldn't use braid outside, but inside, if the connections are soldered on each end, I wouldn't worry about corrosion unless the braid is already in bad shape. I put braid used in this manner inside heat shrink. I use #4 stranded copper for bonding between rods.

73, Jim K9YC