RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI @ VHF Line Filters

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI @ VHF Line Filters
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 09:25:30 -0700
On Thu,5/21/2015 5:45 AM, Tom Lizak wrote:
I found that replacing the AC connector of the computer p/s with a CorCom
6EF1 line filter works getting rid of the RFI/hash from the switching p/s
which is most likely the problem.

Yes. If I'm understanding you correctly, this is a filter sort of built into the universal male line plug. An important reason why filters like this, which are relatively simple ones by virtue of their size, works so well is that it is internal to the computer chassis and its green wire is bonded to the shielding enclosure.

73, Jim K9YC