RFI

Re: [RFI] Impedance at 60 hz

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Impedance at 60 hz
From: Aaron Kreider <aaron@campusactivism.org>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 15:36:13 -0400
I've already got the inverter. It is a Fronius IG plus 5000 model. The output is 240 VAC. And the maximum current should be 20.8 amps.

I've noticed the interference primarily in the lower part of the AM band (500 - 1000 khz).

What line filter(s) would you recommend?

Thanks,

Aaron

If you already own this beast, a better solution is a good line filter, properly installed. That means zero length leads, including a zero length bond between the shielding enclosure of the filter and the shielding enclosure of the inverter.

It's also a good move to run all pulsed currents in twisted pairs. This minimizes radiation from the differential component of the current.

73, Jim K9YC