RFI

Re: [RFI] LED lighting

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED lighting
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 15:04:14 +0000
I bought one multi-LED bulb that came from China.  It was dead quiet. My guess
is that it simply put the LEDs in series and connected them to the line.  Not
all of them will have a switcher in them.

ARRL tested a number and found them to be below the conducted emissions limits.
I want to test them above 30 MHz too, for radiated emissions, though we'd need
to set up outdoors to prevent scatters from throwing off the readings.

Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Laboratory Manager
225 Main St.
Newington, CT 06111
Tel: (860) 594-0318
Fax: (860) 594-0259
Email: W1RFI@arrl.org
Member: IEEE Connecticut Section
Member: IEEE EMC Society, Board of Directors
Member: IEEE EMC Society Standards Development and Education Committee
Primary representative:  ANSI ASC C63 EMC Committee, Vice Chair Subcommittee 5
(Immunity)
Member: QRP Amateur Radio Club International, Board of Directors