RFI

Re: [RFI] LED lighting

To: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED lighting
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 11:19:05 -0400
Does the ARRL perform aging-simulation tests?

Many of us have experienced heat-fatigue and/or vibration
fatigue failures in poorly-soldered connections - especially
since the era/error of lead-free solder - not to mention
poor quality components that fail early - these experiences
are across a variety of Chinese-built products.

The concern is that a new-off-the-shelf device may appear
fine vis-a-vis RFI today and become a nuisance a month or a
year down the road.

Just curious ... David KD4E

--

*David* KD4E
ARES-EC Bulloch County, Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com