RFI

Re: [RFI] New bulb? Acandescence in Finallly bulb

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] New bulb? Acandescence in Finallly bulb
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 20:16:17 -0700
Speaking of funky bulbs...

About 25 years ago I read an article about light tubes used in a museum
somewhere.  They were RF in nature, operating frequency was 27.12 MHz if I
recall correctly.  As I recall there was an oscillator at one end of a long
tube, not sure how it coupled to whatever was in the tube, guessing it was
some sort of plasma device.  Fast forward to about 5 years ago and I saw one
of the oscillators for sale on ebay.  Guessing it was priced too high or I'd
own it.

Anyone seen or know of such a lamp?  I'd like to find an RF source for such
a lamp to play with.

Kurt