RFI

Re: [RFI] Auto quieting

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Auto quieting
From: Charles Gallo <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 02:12:59 -0400

73 de KG2V
Charlie

> On Oct 10, 2015, at 1:31 AM, Roger (K8RI) <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com> wrote:
>
> I fail to see where two runs of RG8 size cables in a car, large SUV, or long
> cab pickup truck would be cost prohibitive.

In the car, for 110watt rigs, I tend to twist I think it is 6 or 4 gage, as
that is what GE used to use on their cables ( I run commercial radios,
usually). Btw, GE/macom/Harris, whatever they are called this week does NOT
want you running the negative back to battery, and says to ground to chassis

On 50 watt rigs, or regular  ham rigs, I have a spool of Teflon 10 gage twisted
pair with braid shield. Don't forget to tie the shield to chassis, and run
direct back