RFI

Re: [RFI] House Ground

To: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] House Ground
From: David Winarsky <david@winarsky.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 10:19:18 -0700
I have a Macbook Pro sitting next to my Elecraft K3.  I have a USB cable going
from the Macbook to the KAT500 tuner and found that I was getting RFI from the
cable at various points on 20m.  I stuck 3 snap-on ferrites on the USB cable by
the connector to the Macbook and that took care of it, however it did make me
wonder if I should be bonding to computer.  It’s not clear how, however because
there’s no easy connection to the chassis.

David
NY6W