RFI

Re: [RFI] Broadband RFI...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Broadband RFI...
From: Dave Cole <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 23:08:02 -0700
Just finished my last "with RFI" S Meter blanket drive around and I now
have a working theory of what is causing my RFI, and where it located.

I have posted the maps, with S Meter reading to the web page.  "Non RFI"
readings are in black, "with RFI" readings are in red.

It is pretty clear where the source might be to me... The highest
readings are very, very close to a location, (I need to extend my
blanket area a bit), I contacted maybe 5 months ago, and as a result of
that contact, the site went dark.  My first guess is that the old
horticultural lighting operation has restarted, and is using broadband
lights now.

Now that I have a start time, and now that I have a guess as to the
location, all I need to do is sit out front of the suspect location and
see if the background noise goes WAY up at 8:28:31 PM, and off at 8:14
AM.  I don't have the end time pinned down to the second yet, but I will
shortly.  I will take event start and end data for the next week or so.

Once that is done, the rest is easy, I checked my notes of that previous
RFI incidents, and I have already contacted this person about 5 months
ago, so there is a bit of history.  All good, as I tend to not try and
strong arm people.

I will collect data for two weeks, then post if this is the house...  At
this point, I would bet a few bucks this is a restart of the old site...
--
73's, and thanks,
Dave (NK7Z)