RFI

Re: [RFI] Portable DFing at HF

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Portable DFing at HF
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 16:26:07 -0700
What kind of noise is it, Kelly? Impulse noise from a power system, or electronically generated? In general, impulse noise is best DFed at the highest frequency where you can hear it, often up to 440 MHz. A compact 440 Yagi would be a great antenna, tuning the RX to the 440 band (because that's where the antenna has controlled directivity).

If the noise is electronically generated, we must chase it on the bands where we hear it, usually strongest at HF, where loops are usually our best tool.

You might find this useful. http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf

73, Jim K9YC