RFI

[RFI] Noise from Switcher 80/160 update

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Noise from Switcher 80/160 update
From: "Mike Wetzel" <w9re@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 00:21:59 -0400
Don, WD8DSB volunteered to come over today (after he drove all night coming
home from SD) with 2 small directional tuned loops, a preamp/attenuator and
a nice Radio Shack short wave receiver we walked the neighborhood to the
north and he zeroed in on a house in about 15 minutes. Right across the
street from where Bill and I had thought the suspect house was located.   We
went over to W5LO's house and got him, confirmed the location again and went
up to the house's service entrance points (the owners were not home) and the
noise got very loud around the Dmark of the DSL/telephone .  It is fall
break here for school kids this past week and next week (and they have kids)
so hopefully they will be home this week.  I left a flyer from K3RFI's
website detailing noise problems, solutions and why they should try and fix,
etc.  Don helped me write a short note to them.  Obviously I (with 5 towers)
am not a popular guy in that neighborhood but I have been in this location
for 40 years so the occupants are at least aware of my towers.  One other
neighbor Don and I encountered (next to suspect house) was not receptive to
a petition by Bill to have one modest short tower

Thanks to Don for his excellent timing and help and I am going to try and
duplicate his noise DF'ing equipment.

When the owner returns home I will update on the (hopeful fix).

Mike W9RE