RFI

[RFI] RF

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RF
From: Bill Price <billp7634@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 17:59:19 +0000 (UTC)
I live in a HOA subdivision with restrictive covenants. As such, at this time
all my antennas are in my attic. I just strung a fan dipole up for 75 and 17.
When I operate on 75 I have RF issues. Two of my security lights come on, one
of the garage door opener lights come and an electric soap dispenser (motion
activated) comes on and dispenses a butt load of soap. I thought it may be due
to one side of the 75M dipole coming close to a length of romex. So I located
that romex and put two snap on ferrites around that wire with the romex
wrapping twice through the ferrite. I also put a ferrite on the power wire from
the wall wart after having wrapped that several times. The problem still
exists. I also have a 40M dipole and a 10M beam in the attic and have no
problems with running a KW at any frequency other than 75M. The ferrites I have
are a 31 mix. Any ideas as to how to solve this issue?

Bill   W5LO