RFI

Re: [RFI] RF

To: Bill Price <billp7634@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RF
From: Robert Nobis <n7rjn@nobis.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 14:41:55 -0700
Bill,

I had a similar problem with an electronically operated doggy door.  What I
found was that I had relatively high common mode current on my antenna feed so
the feed was also radiating. My antenna was not perfectly balanced as one end
was close to metal siding. I added an antenna feed line choke following the
recommendations from Jim Brown’s tutorial (k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf
<http://k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf> ), and the doggy door problem disappeared.  I
used 6 turns of RG8 through five 2.4” o.d. #31 toroidal cores for 80-meters.

73,

Bob Nobis
n7rjn@nobis.net