RFI

Re: [RFI] RF

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RF
From: Tom Thompson <w0ivj@tomthompson.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 13:57:11 -0700
Jim is right. I have been fighting a motion activated night light for the last 2 days. Since the motion activated device is so small, common mode current is probably not the culprit. I built a differential choke and it made little difference. In desperation, I hooked a small 12 volt battery with an inverter to power the device and still no luck. My conclusion is the RF is coming through the air and the only thing that might help is a Faraday cage. Since my device is a light, that won't work, so I guess they will go back to Costco. Too bad because other than the RF susceptibility, it is a good product.

Tom   W0IVJ