RFI

Re: [RFI] white noise starting at 3780 and up

To: "'rfi'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] white noise starting at 3780 and up
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 13:52:42 -0000
And complaining to AT&T about something that might be their problem and that
their techs have no idea how to find or fix won't help.  If you think it is
your modem just unplug it from both the power and dsl line and see if it
gets quieter.  If there are neighbors close enough that it could be from
them you may have to convince them to help you.  if its not yours maybe
df'ing with a small loop and portable hf radio will help find it.

More about frequency bands for various versions of dsl:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDSL
And uverse:  http://adslm.dohrenburg.net/uverse/

It looks more like uverse if it starts near 3775 as shown in the second
link.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373