RFI

Re: [RFI] white noise starting at 3780 and up

To: rfi <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] white noise starting at 3780 and up
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 12:44:01 -0500
Thanks to everyone who replied.  Looks like my problem is indeed VDSL.
No CenturyLink around here--interesting they have been named in a
number of reports I have received.  But seems like most of these ISPs
stay in denial until they have their faces shoved into
incontrovertible evidence.  I don't have any SDR gear, or any of those
panadapter displays and unfortunately I don't have time to go around
trying to find the exact source and then trying to persuade some
stranger that he is causing me trouble.  I've noticed before the white
noise drops off at around 5200 KHz.  I have Xfinity cable internet
here at my house so I don't think my place is the problem.  I can
attenuate the noise somewhat with a pair of rx loops and a phasing
network but I wish I could get rid of it.  I'll talk to some local
hams about it and maybe they'll have some ideas since AT&T is all over
the place here.  I guess RFI is what's emptying out the HF bands--guys
just giving up and going QRT.  It will take more than this for me to
do that hi hi.

73

Rob
K5UJ