RFI

Re: [RFI] 8 KHz spurs across much of amateur spectrum

To: "'N4ZR'" <n4zr@comcast.net>, "'RFI List'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 8 KHz spurs across much of amateur spectrum
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 12:45:08 -0000
If they are pure and stable I would not assume a power supply, most of them are
wide and drifty.  Pure carriers are more likely a computer, tv, or other
electronic device source.

Most switching supplies I have found run at lower frequencies, 50-100khz, and
as their harmonics increase they get wider and weaker until they overlap and
create continuous hash on higher bands.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373