RFI

Re: [RFI] 175 kHz spurious signals in the vicinity of 14 MHz only

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 175 kHz spurious signals in the vicinity of 14 MHz only
From: "Dave Cole (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 13:59:18 -0700
Drop S-Meter lite on it and see if it really is continuous? If it follows a pattern S-Meter Lite will let you know what that pattern is, which might help in location.

If you can't get S-Meter Lite to work with your hardware, use an SDR to look at the RFI over long time periods, you can learn a lot that way.

See:

https://www.nk7z.net/sdr-rfi-survey-p1/

which is part one of a multi-part series on using a SDR to help locate RFI showing both setup of the SDR, and interpretation of what you find.

It will not ID it for you, but it will offer some tips as to what it might be, which can help.

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
https://www.nk7z.net