RFI

[RFI] ethernet switch with shielded case or low emission spectrum

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] ethernet switch with shielded case or low emission spectrum
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 14:22:03 +0800
In the process of overhauling the shack's wiring, I'm wanting to replace my existing ethernet switch with a box that is properly shielded - or at least has one with a low emission footprint. Here i'm talking about radiation from the box itself - not via the connected ethernet lan cable runs.

Unfortunately the houses' home-run location terminates a few feet from my shack and so the switch needs to be located there.  I can apply ferrite / common mode treatment to the power supply and lan cables that connect to the box.  But I also need a box that is properly shielded from a ham point-of-view.  The switches I have now are all of the plastic-case variety and they all are pretty noisy.

I was hoping someone may have found a "quite" switch that could be recommended.  Some of the semi-pro (e.g. Netgear home-office rack mount) stuff has metal cases -- but I don't know if that actually means they are quieter.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com