RFI

Re: [RFI] Recommendation needed: Whole house surge protection

To: David Harmon <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Recommendation needed: Whole house surge protection
From: MICHAEL ST ANGELO <mstangelo@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 17:15:22 -0400 (EDT)
When I am on an extended trip I disconnect the power strips for my station,
computers and the equipment on the basement workbench. I also disconnect the
antenna feed at the base of the mast.

I came home after one trip, reconnected everything and tried to go online. My
cable modem was not working; apparently the surge came on the cable company
coax which was the only external connection even though they have an "surge
suppressor" at the entrance of the house. Lesson learned; I also the cable
modem.

Mike N2MS