RFI

Re: [RFI] LG washer WT1501CW - EMI

To: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LG washer WT1501CW - EMI
From: GaryK9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2018 20:06:48 -0600
Date: 11/8/18  6:31 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: garyk9gs@wi.rr.com Cc:
dsgarnier@att.net, Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [RFI] LG washer
WT1501CW - EMI I've seen and witnessed it many.....many  times with SMPSs from
China overthe last 15 years or so.  It happens more than you might imagine.
One yearof testing as a consultant, I had to send 100% of the SMPS's back for
lackof decoupling in either the AC or DC lines.  The real estate was there
forthe components, but they were jumpered once the supply had passedregulatory
qualifications.  Very common practice!!!Dave - WØLEVOn Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at
10:00 PM Gary K9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com> wrote:> I work in the contract
electronics manufacturing business.  No reputable> contract manufacturer would
eliminate parts from a PCBA without approve of> their customer (LG).>>>> 73,>>
Gary K9GS>> -------- Original message --------> From: David Eckhardt
<davearea51a@gmail.com>> Date: 11/8/18 3:39 PM (GMT-06:00)> To:
dsgarnier@att.net> Cc: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>> Subject: Re: [RFI] LG
washer WT1501CW - EMI>> If I had to make a somewhat cynical comment, I'll bet
the contract> manufacturer eliminated the "simple line filter" to cut costs.
After all,> the line filter adds cost and does not contribute to the
performance of the> machine.  Remember, home appliances are exempted from
radiated and> conducted emissions by the FCC.>> Dave - WØLEV>> On Thu, Nov 8,
2018 at 9:36 PM David Garnier <dsgarnier@att.net> wrote:>> > Hello,> > Has
anyone gotten factory EMI support for LG's WT1501CW washer??I am> > curious if
any others have gotten factory support for this problem.> > I have started a
conversation with LG support line, we will seeif this> > goes anywhere. Their
customer information line didn't havea clue, has> > anyone else complained?> >>
> This machine impressively wipes out 80 and 40 meters with it's> > variable
motor control electronics.  I don't want to look at 160 meters.> > The factory
service manual shows an simple internal line filter but at> > my QTH it's not
doing much good.> >
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-i5KqMA2RZwcHktSWk1SW5tNEU/view> > I have
inserted a short AC jumper line-cord (with line filter andcommon> > mode FB)
between the washer and the 120 outlet and> > this greatly greatly reduces 80
and 40 meters interference...> > I'm using a Schaffner FN-660-20/10 line filter
an Fair-rite 264380302> > FB on the cord end, about 7 turns around the core.I
can send a picture if> > this would help anyone else.> >> > 73's> > Dave -
-->> *Dave - WØLEV*> *Just Let Darwin Work*> *Just Think*>