RFI

Re: [RFI] Update: LG washer WT1501CW - EMI

To: dsgarnier@att.net
Subject: Re: [RFI] Update: LG washer WT1501CW - EMI
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 05:06:59 +0000
Here it is, specifically Part 15.103 (d) - I copied ALL of the exemption
under this part and subpart:

§15.103   Exempted devices.

The following devices are subject only to the general conditions of
operation in §§15.5 and 15.29 and are exempt from the specific technical
standards and other requirements contained in this part. The operator of
the exempted device shall be required to stop operating the device upon a
finding by the Commission or its representative that the device is causing
harmful interference. Operation shall not resume until the condition
causing the harmful interference has been corrected. Although not
mandatory, it is strongly recommended that the manufacturer of an exempted
device endeavor to have the device meet the specific technical standards in
this part.

(a) A digital device utilized exclusively in any transportation vehicle
including motor vehicles and aircraft.

(b) A digital device used exclusively as an electronic control or power
system utilized by a public utility or in an industrial plant. The term public
utility includes equipment only to the extent that it is in a dedicated
building or large room owned or leased by the utility and does not extend
to equipment installed in a subscriber's facility.

(c) A digital device used exclusively as industrial, commercial, or medical
test equipment.

(d) A digital device utilized exclusively in an appliance, e.g., microwave
oven, dishwasher, clothes dryer, air conditioner (central or window), etc.

(e) Specialized medical digital devices (generally used at the direction of
or under the supervision of a licensed health care practitioner) whether
used in a patient's home or a health care facility. Non-specialized medical
devices, i.e., devices marketed through retail channels for use by the
general public, are not exempted. This exemption also does not apply to
digital devices used for record keeping or any purpose not directly
connected with medical treatment.

(f) Digital devices that have a power consumption not exceeding 6 nW.

(g) Joystick controllers or similar devices, such as a mouse, used with
digital devices but which contain only non-digital circuitry or a simple
circuit to convert the signal to the format required (e.g., an integrated
circuit for analog to digital conversion) are viewed as passive add-on
devices, not themselves directly subject to the technical standards or the
equipment authorization requirements.

(h) Digital devices in which both the highest frequency generated and the
highest frequency used are less than 1.705 MHz and which do not operate
from the AC power lines or contain provisions for operation while connected
to the AC power lines. Digital devices that include, or make provision for
the use of, battery eliminators, AC adaptors or battery chargers which
permit operation while charging or that connect to the AC power lines
indirectly, obtaining their power through another device which is connected
to the AC power lines, do not fall under this exemption.

(i) Responsible parties should note that equipment containing more than one
device is not exempt from the technical standards in this part unless all
of the devices in the equipment meet the criteria for exemption. If only
one of the included devices qualifies for exemption, the remainder of the
equipment must comply with any applicable regulations. If a device performs
more than one function and all of those functions do not meet the criteria
for exemption, the device does not qualify for inclusion under the
exemptions.

Dave - WØLEV

--

*Dave - WØLEV*