RFI

Re: [RFI] Air Conditioner / Heat Pump recommendations

To: Raymond Benny <rayn6vr@gmail.com>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Air Conditioner / Heat Pump recommendations
From: Andy KU7T <ku7t@ku7t.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 19:40:47 +0000
I have two Trane 13i, and cannot recommend them.  Lots of spikes and have not
had the time to fix it. I added many cores in the outside unit, but did not
help much.   I also find it very hard to have technician understand the problem
and willing to help.

Till I have it fixed (if I get it fixed), I turn the heatpump into auxiliary
mode on weekends, where the outside unit is not used. That allows me to have a
clean spectrum during contests… Off course, that cost me a couple of bucks per
day more in energy costs.

If I would buy a unit again, I would find a unit somewhere and check it out
with an AM radio.

Thanks

Andy

KU7T