RFI

Re: [RFI] SolarEdge Solar Panel RFI Update

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] SolarEdge Solar Panel RFI Update
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 20:02:34 -0400
Joe:

The noise characteristics are very similar from location to location. Have a look at NK7Z's website and you'll see a few of my screenshots as well as others: https://www.nk7z.net/rfi-snapshots/solar-2/

This video by W6HDG and KQ6RS demonstrates the severity of the noise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLKq0hgKn9o

I suspect you may have the inverse square law working in your favor since you are 1,100 feet from the source of the noise. On the other hand, W6HDG can hear the noise emanating from a SolarEdge system located 1/2 mile from his home!

My neighbors installation is 150 feet from my antennas and the noise is above S-9 and that's AFTER the chokes were applied.

Tony -K2MO