RFI

[RFI] A Possible Solution to Solar Panel RFI

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] A Possible Solution to Solar Panel RFI
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 02:20:58 -0500
All:

It's obvious that solar panel RFI comes from the devices within the system, so why not take a look at those components and propose a solution to the manufacturer?

There's lots of RF design talent on this reflector and I suspect there's an idea or two that could either reduce or eliminate RFI without having the manufacturer retool the assembly line.

Stopping the RFI at the source is better than discovering your neighbor has noisy solar panels and then waiting for legal action to be taken by the FCC, if at all.

For those wondering how bad solar panel noise can be: my neighbors system is 150 feet away from my tower and the noise is 10db over S-9. That's AFTER the chokes were applied to the system.

Tony -K2MO