RFI

Re: [RFI] Update: Tesla's Response to Solar Panel RFI

To: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>, Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Update: Tesla's Response to Solar Panel RFI
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 19:39:13 +0000
Actually, they have a right to operate it unless it causes actual interference.
 That is all that the letter Is trying to say. Like I said in my previous
email, your station has the potential to cause interference to nearby
antenna-connected TV or broadcast reception, but that POTENTIAL does not
preclude your installing a station and operating it.  If you comply with the
emissions limits for your station, you can operate unless spurious emissions
that may be below those limits cause actual interference.  The same principle
applies here, and that is exactly what the letter says. It does not say that
solar installations can cause interference, and, in fact, Solar Edge is well
aware that they cannot have spent tens of thousands of dollars on a number of
different cases to address it.