RFI

Re: [RFI] Grow Lights

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Grow Lights
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 13:31:51 -0800
"This assumes you actually see the RFI at higher frequencies... "

True, and I know it seems all counter-intuitive/rocket-sciencey, but one typically does not search for RFI where it does not exist, cannot be heard, found, or otherwise seen.

Go as high as one can hear it, that should be adequate. Spin the dial up, then down, use what works best. Higher in frequency is usually best, but 24 GHz may be a bit over the top for a switching mode power supply.

I suggest one NOT start there when getting blasted on HF, but VHF should be step-two.

Kurt