RFI

Re: [RFI] SDR software that displays actual waveform of received signal?

To: AA5CT <jwin95@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] SDR software that displays actual waveform of received signal????
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 11:00:47 -0500
Hi Jim,

Great on Spectrum Lab.  I use it off and on, but had no idea it had the
built-in scope feature, but more importantly what appears to be a user
defined sync time within the scope feature.  I really need to see how the
sync time works, and will figure that out tonight to see if it does what I
think it will do.  If the sync time does what I think it will do, then
Spectrum Lab may indeed fill some of the void I have in my portable RFI
tracking toolkit.

There are getting to be so many noise sources that conventional RFI
direction finding is getting to be very difficult in a lot of cases where
the noise is not on discrete frequencies, and especially in cases where
there are multiple sources of broadband noise on top of each other which
are located within a very small geographic area, and finding the true
offending device is getting to be more and more difficult.

Thanks,
Don (wd8dsb)