RFI

Re: [RFI] SDR software that displays actual waveform of received signal?

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] SDR software that displays actual waveform of received signal????
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 11:39:25 -0500
There's an app called SoundcardScope, available free on the net for non-commercial use,that may do what you want.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

On 2/3/2020 8:24 AM, Don Kirk wrote:
I track down a lot of sources of RFI, and one tool I'm missing is SDR
software that can actually display the waveform of the noise I'm receiving
(amplitude vs time like an oscilloscope).  I use various SDR software but
they only display the spectrum plot and the waterfall plot.  I'm looking
for something that captures more of what you would capture on an
Oscilloscope(something that displays the received signal in which Amplitude
vs. Time is plotted over lets say a 20 mS time period).

I say 20 milli-second time period because this is the time period that
would capture a full cycle of 60 hertz power plus a little extra time, and
this is also the time period that the Radar Engineers model 243 captures so
I could hopefully better correlate my findings with what the local power
company sees using their model 243.

Appreciate someone pointing me toward SDR software that can accomplish this
task, especially if I can use it with an RTL-SDR receiver.  I believe I
have seen SDR software that can accomplish this, but don't recall what
software it was, and if it would work with an RTL-SDR receiver.

Don (wd8dsb)