RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI-Free LED Monitor Recommendation

To: "'Rfi List'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI-Free LED Monitor Recommendation
From: "N8GLS" <n8gls@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 09:38:26 -0500
Like Baskin-Robbins there's too many flavors.  I run (3) 28 inch 4K Ultra HD
LED monitors, (2) are Acer model B286HK, the 3rd is a Lenovo L28U-30.  All
are no more than 2 inches above the rigs and they don't produce anything of
concern on HF, VHF or UHF.  See my QRZ.com page for a look at the layout.

Being very picky, like having OCD with respect to crisp clear text, I spent
many hours in front of them at the local PC stores before buying.  The Acers
are my choice but out of production so only can find from distributers that
still have ONS or refurbished from Acer.  The Lenovo is as clear and crisp
as the Acers and also offers a very small thin edged bezel making it almost
invisible.  If you don't need PIP the Lenovo is worth consideration.  Bought
all mine from MicroCenter, they have a 30 day return policy and no questions
asked or re-stocking fee and I can attest to them cheerfully taking any
return.  Very important for us OCD'ers......hihi.

Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Anyways, highly recommend
actually "seeing" any monitor before buying.

73 de Brad, N8GLS