RFI

Re: [RFI] Dimmer Behavior

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Dimmer Behavior
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 12:50:09 -0800
On 3/10/2022 12:03 PM, Dan K2YWE wrote:
I need a recommendation for a modern LED friendly dimmer that is known to
be EMI-Free, I operate 160m-6m.

I've been using Lutron dimmers with FEIT- and Phillips-branded LED bulbs for a few years. Lutron has a pretty good reputation for being relatively free of RFI, but I can't testify to that for these dimmers and bulbs, because when they're in use, I'm not in the shack. :)

NA6O has done some pretty serious lab-testing of LED bulbs for RFI, and lists several FEIT products as clean.

https://na6o.com/main/RFI.html

73, Jim K9YC