RFI

Re: [RFI] 12v 5A linear power supply?

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 12v 5A linear power supply?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 10:53:35 -0800
On 11/9/2022 4:59 AM, Michael Martin wrote:
That power supply Eric is looking for is to replace one that is one of the noisiest power supplies in the industry and all over the country and it probably doesn't draw much more than a half of an amp if it's the one I've been finding.

If you can't find an old linear wall wart in the 0.5-1A range, it may still be possible to find one at industrial electronics distributors. I bought several 2-3A 12V and 2A 24V supplies to run some custom LED lighting fixtures several years ago. They were not easy to find, and may being phased out. It's worth poking around online with those distributors.

I long ago standardized on the same Power Pole connectors that Elecraft used beginning with their earliest rigs, and run all the 12V gear in my shack and in my home from 12V batteries, float-charged from a suitable linear supply.

73, Jim K9YC